I've been a little light on the Tigers posts over the last week so I'll try to get back into the swing of things here.
This one was wild. The Tigers looked like they were headed for another shutout; then they made things exciting with 8 unanswered (and unexpected) runs; then Kyle Farnsworth happened; then Fernando Rodney put out the fire and ended it before the Tigers could pick up another impossibly bad loss.
- Sheff was 3 for 5 with a 2-run homer that awoke the Tigers in the 7th. Up to that point the offense was nonexistent; it sparked a 4-run inning that gave the Tigers the lead.
- That was enough to give Kenny Rogers credit for the win. He went six innings, allowed 8 hits and 4 walks but struck out 7 and managed to only give up 3 runs.
- Curtis had 2 triples, the second of which came with 2 out and the bases loaded. Very anti-2008 Tigers of him.
- Brandon Inge was 2 for 2 with a walk and an RBI. He had a good battle with Fransisco -- he was only getting fastballs and couldn't do anything with them. Finally Fransisco throws him something offspeed and he pulls it between 3rd and short for a big RBI. Very anti-Brandon Inge of him.
- I really expected the Tigers to find a way to lose this one. If you don't agree with that sentiment than you probably haven't been watching this team closely enough. This was a prime example of a classic Tigers fuck up and Rodney had to ruin what would've been a fuck-up masterpiece by closing it out in the 9th. What an asshole.