Red Wings 2-4 Sharks
- God the Sharks owned the first. If it wasn't for Ty Conklin making a few huge saves it could've been 3, 4 nothing. Maybe worse.
- Conk might over-anticipate plays occasionally but you've gotta commend how confident he looks. Not only has he made a handful of humongous saves in each game he's played but you know that he won't be crapping his pants at every opponent's scoring opportunity. I like how sure of himself he seems in the net.
- The Sharks were really flashing the speed. The Wings looked tired and slow, which isn't that surprising given the game from the night before. But credit the Sharks for playing a really solid game.
- I don't know if it's just me or not but Lidstrom looks off. He seems to make 2 to 3 little mistakes per game that he just hasn't done before. I hope I'm just imagining this because it would be depressing to come to the conclusion that he's lost a step.
- Kopecky made the only notable positive play for the Wings in the 1st by intercepting a puck and drawing a penalty. Everyone else was sludge.
- The defensive zone passing was as bad as I've seen it in some time. It got better as the game went along but it looked like there was a lot of tired plays, just throwing it forward at the first chance they got and it led to a lot of mistakes. There was a whole lot of reaching and not a whole lot of skating.
- Shitty Wing stats from the 1st: outshot 12-5. Out-hit 14-4. Out-faceoff'd 11-6. Am I getting the point across that it was a bad opening period?
- Wings get a couple days off before taking on the Canucks Sunday night. They could use the rest. This game was the perfect storm of the Sharks being completely ready to play and the Wings stuck in slow motion. And I can't lie, I was a tiny bit intimidated by how good the Sharks looked.