Red Wings 1-2 Canadiens (SO)
- Darren Helm needs to be on this team. Just from what I've read around the Wing-o-sphere this morning, I gather that everybody is seeing the same thing. Dude wants it bad. In one spot last night he lost the puck in the offensive zone, chased after the thief who stole it and ripped it back from him, which led to a rush the other way for the Wings. And he does shit like this nearly every time he hits the ice.
- Marian Hossa doesn't appear to be a fan of the preseason. Looked like he was only going about 70% ... as the game wore on his desire to play defense was noticeably lacking.
- Chris Chelios took a wicked shot off his leg and was hobbling around pretty badly. It didn't look good but luckily it's just a bone bruise. I bet he drinks a lot of milk or something.
- Game was pretty exciting as far as exhibition goes. Montreal crowd was on fire as usual (Hossa got booed ... the treatment this guy is getting from other teams' fans is just insane).
- Jimmy Howard was really solid: 26 saves on 27 shots. Then he lost his second shootout of the preseason.
- Oh, Robert Lang ...