Red Wings 2-1 Ducks
- Stupid fucking goal. Brad Stuart goes to get the puck behind the net, has his head down, turns the puck over, 1-0 Ducks. Good start.
- 2:00 mark ... the Joe is more dead than Sean Avery's career as a heterosexual male.
- I've watched the eye surgery commercial with Datsyuk in it at least 40 times and I still can't understand what the fuck he's saying.
- 8 minutes in ... finally some life from the Wings, per usual coming from the top line. Hossa gets crafty as a rat on acid, letting a Datsyuk pass ramp off his stick and over his defender's stick, leading to a breakaway that he missed the net completely, but it draws a penalty. Then Pav get robbed by a ridiculous, groin-tearing save from JSG. Holy hell how did they not score there.
- 14:45 ... Drapes already has two of his patented slapshots that he takes from the circles that land directly in the goalie's logo. At this rate Giguere won't have a chest by the end of the game and the Wings will be able to win this thing handly.
- 15:20 ... actual exchange from Ken Daniels and Larry Murphy:
Ken -- "...injured duck on the play..."
Murph -- "it's a 'lame duck.'"
Ken -- (at a complete loss for words or dignified thought) "Very good, Larry."
- 18:50 ... Hudler hits the post. Dammit. Wings are outshooting the Ducks 325 to 4.
- 20:00 ... Drapes gets whacked after the horn blows by Travis Moen. Hopefully Lilja will be dropping the gloves shortly after the 2nd period starts.
- 2:00 ... Wings are quietly dominating this game, despite losing 1-0 and the crowd sounding like they're attending a wine and cheese party.
- 2:55 ... Mule backchecks and breaks up a Ducks' 2-on-1. Nothing I love more than a great case of backckecking. I'm serious. For me, a five minute compilation video of awesome backchecks would be like porn to the common man.
- Cleary tries not to fall on Giguere, then gets pushed on top of him by his own defensemen. I hate Anaheim.
- 9:47 ... Draper switches things up with a wristshot into Giguere's chest. A few seconds later, JSG makes a nice glove save on Fil coming around the net.
- 10:49 ... Mule goads Ryan Getzlaf into a retaliation penalty. No bother for Anaheim though as they kill it relatively easily.
- 14:26 ... Wings score, 1-1. Lidstrom takes yet another slapper and Franzen tips it in to tie the game.
- 16:40 ... Clearly was alone for 6 days in front of the net and couldn't put it past Giguere. Then Hank hits another post.
- Even Mick is commenting on the crowd's lack of, how should I put this: giving a fuck.
- End of the period: The Wings are outshooting the Ducks 38 to 9. Thirty fucking eight to 9. And it's 1-1.
- 0:00 ... Jonas Hiller subs in for Guigerre, who has effectively reached his pitch count for the evening. I'd question how smart this move really is, considering your putting a cold goaltender in against a team that has amassed 38 shots through two periods and should be winning this game like 6-1 right now, but if I do that then I already know what will happen. Actually I'm pretty sure just thinking that this is a bad move has jinxed the Wings completely.
- Nope -- Hossa scores, 2-1 Wings. Bad goal for Hiller. Bad move by Randy Carlisle. Giguere gave 6 solid innings, then Jason Grilli comes in and gives up a homerun on the first pitch.
- Unofficial word from Giguere's status: Dehydration.
- 10:11 ... Hossa gets called for a hook that nearly causes Mick to start a mass genocide.
- 12:14 ... HA -- Pronger with a dim-witted cross check on Zetterberg to cancel out the PP. Way to go, fuckstick.
- Wings are getting careless with some simple defensive zone outs. Franzen looked asleep while trying to half kick a puck across the blueline and failed. Babs can't be too thrilled.
- 17:00 ... Ducks finally building some possession. Way to join the game guys.
- 18:57 ... Ducks pull Hiller. I am permanently scarred so bad from Game 5 of the Finals that a 1 goal lead at the Joe in the final minute makes me sick. It's a December game and I'm watching this on tape delay at 2 in the morning, and I still want to die watching this. I know this game is of little consequence on the entire season and yet I want to swallow an entire bottle of Tylenol PM. This isn't the way people should live.
- 20:00 ... no worries -- Wings win. Whew.
- I don't think we got Anaheim's best effort tonight. The Wings outshot them 47-16, and even outhit them by three.
- Draper: 13 out of 16 faceoffs won, 7 shots.
- The top line was in full force. Cleary filled in well, assisting on Hossa's game winner and staying in the middle of the action all night.
- Not that there were that many chances but Ozzie finally looked decent, aside from 1 or 2 scares.