DETROIT RED WINGS 2 - 0 BOSTON BRUINS
We didn't wreck your precious hockey game.
- Ozzie walled the B's for his 50th career shut out. He doesn't really care about that stat, but I know he reads this site. So it is with great pleasure that I will congratulate him anyhow: Good job Chris, I'm tapping the proverbial stick in your general direction. Also, please stop sending me your "perfect murder" schemes regarding Brett Lebda.
- The Wings managed the game well enough to win, but I didn't think they were challenged all that hard. After a semi-shaky defensive 1st period that saw 13 Boston shots they allowed only 16 over the last 40 minutes. No killer turnovers to speak of.
- Leino looked a bit rough. We all thought he was broken in half when he was destroyed in the 1st period ... couldn't believe he got up as fast as he did.
- I kept forgetting that Chara was playing. Pretty unnoticeable for a man the size of a swollen Ericsson.
- I liked Doug Janik. This was him after the game: "I just tried to keep it really simple .... Just start on my own end, play good defense and kind of move up from there.” (mlive). That's exactly what he did. No stupid plays, ate the puck when he had to, and did nothing to disgrace Mikael Samuelsson's soon-to-be retired #37.
- The Boston power play looked like a flaccid penis.
- #44 was fucking awesome tonight. Really starting to change my mind about this guy and I might consider using his name again. He displayed the speed of Darren Helm while exhibiting the hands of a surgeon, threw his weight around and thoroughly dominated this contest like it was wearing a ball gag and couldn't remember the safe word. (What I just did is called "lying".)
- Examples of players who aren't colossal wastes of sperm: Darren Helm, Tomas Holmstrom. One skates really fast and forechecks with the intensity of somebody trying to repopulate the Earth by himself after a nuclear holocaust; the other was supposed to be on a steep decline but is instead leading the team in goals and pumps out gold like this: “I don’t know what to say ...... Sometimes it goes in, and sometimes it doesn’t.”
- Watching Pavel Datsyuk in person is amazing.
- Had an awesome time with Sir Osrt and his lady friend, proving once again that not all of the cool people you meet on the Internet are trying to rape you. Osrt's a swell guy and I'd make a bro-mance joke right here if it wasn't so overdone. God am I gay.
- TTD's Top 3 Wings:
#2 ~ Pavel Datsyuk, for single handedly being worth the price of admission and keeping my fantasy team afloat (oh wait -- forgot to set the lineup again. I'm going to stab myself).
#1 ~ Chris Osgood